Friday, July 5, 2013

Independence Day

Disclaimer: If you're not American, then this post will not be relevant to you.

I hope all of you had a wonderful fourth of July! My family normally doesn't do much for this particular holiday, except for the occasional trip to the fireworks show in my town. This year, my friends and I had a cookout together complete with hot dogs, hamburgers, and patriotic desserts. Afterward, we went an open grassy area near the facility where they hold fireworks and played bags, with blankets spread out over the ground (and even more dessert!). After the fireworks were over, we sat around a fire pit in my friend's backyard, eating s'mores and talking until almost one in the morning. It was so much fun, and it makes me sad that we've never done anything like that until now.

My group of friends has become closer than ever this summer. Maybe it's because it's our last summer together before college, or maybe it's by some coincidence. Either way, it's going to be bittersweet leaving everyone once August rolls around.

What did you do to celebrate Independence Day? Comment below and let me know :)

2 comments :

  1. That sounds like so much fun! The patriotic desserts sound amazing :)

    That's awesome that you and your friends are growing closer especially during this time of life! I feel like my friends and I when we were going to college kinda got caught up in our own things. But we were still close and spent time with each other. I hope you guys make a lot of memories this summer :)

    xo, gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful 4th of July! It's always wonderful to spend it with close friends!!
    We went out to my best friend's grandparent's lake house and had a huge BBQ, went swimming, took the kayaks out, and lit off fireworks. The whole lake goes all out and it was fun to watch fireworks from all of the houses around the lake.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love reading what every one of my followers has to say. - Shelby